This quick dish is a great way to use leftover rice. Serve it warm or cold — as a side or a main course. The light flavor is mild enough that even my picky kids really enjoyed it…unlike the first version that was filled with curry and red pepper! We liked the sweet of the mandarin oranges with it, as well. –Mellyn
Yield: 4-6 servings
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 4 cups COOKED rice
- 1 cup COOKED lentils
- 4 teaspoons chicken bouillon
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon basil
- Heat oil in a skillet over high heat.
- Add rice and stir fry until rice browns a bit.
- Add lentils, bouillon, lemon juice and basil.
- Stir a few minutes more, remove from heat and serve!
© 2012, Real Women Store Grub. All rights reserved. Content may be shared or reposted as long as credit and link to original post are provided.