During my last pregnancy I discovered strawberry lemonade at Ruby Tuesday. I seriously thought I’d died and gone to heaven! Ever since, it’s been one of our favorite drinks. Nothing could be more perfect on a hot summer afternoon! –Mellyn
- 1 1/2 cups freeze dried strawberries, re-hydrated**
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups lemon juice
- water (about 12 cups)
- ice (we like to pulse this in the blender, too…it makes the drink kind of slushy!)
- Re-hydrate strawberries by covering in cold water and letting stand for 5 minutes.
- Don’t drain. Pulse strawberry mixture in blender until strawberries are the size you like.
- Pour into 1 gallon pitcher.
- Add sugar, lemon juice and water until pitcher is 3/4 of the way full.
- Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Fill remaining space with ice and stir again.
**You can also use fresh or frozen strawberries, as well!
© 2012, Real Women Store Grub. All rights reserved. Content may be shared or reposted as long as credit and link to original post are provided.