- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup coconut
- 2 Tablespoons nonfat dry powdered milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup oil
- 5 Tablespoons lemon juice
- Combine all dry ingredients and blend until well combined.
- Add oil and lemon juice and mix.
- Drop by the teaspoonful onto a cookie sheet. (I use a small cookie scoop for this)
- Flatten with the bottom of a glass, dipped in flour.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 6-8 minutes.
- Cool and frost with Lemon Frosting (below).
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 2 drops yellow food coloring (optional)
- Mix shortening and powdered sugar together in a mixer.
- Add lemon extract, lemon juice and water, and whip until light and fluffy.
- Add yellow food coloring, if desired.
- Frost cooled cookies individually or put frosting between two cookies like a sandwich.
© 2012, Real Women Store Grub. All rights reserved. Content may be shared or reposted as long as credit and link to original post are provided.