Pizza is just one of those things…it’s hearty and just naughty enough to be really satisfying. Our family loves to make mini pizzas, and I keep the ingredients on hand, so if it’s been a crazy day and we’re all craving something yummy — pizza it is! –Mellyn
Yield: 8 personal-size pizzas
- 1 batch French Bread (I re-posted the recipe below for your convenience!)
- 1/2 jar your favorite spaghetti or pizza sauce
- 4-6 cups shredded cheese (We keep our stash in the freezer. You can also use freeze-dried cheese)
- 2 1/2 ounces mini pepperoni (about 1/2 regular-sized bag)
- 20-ounce can pineapple, drained
- whatever other pizza toppings your family likes
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 1/2 cups water — very warm
- 2 cups flour
- 3 Tablespoons yeast
- 4-6 cups flour
- Make the dough!
- Combine sugar, salt, oil, water, flour and yeast in order.
- Slowly begin adding the remaining 4- 6 cups of flour.
- Dough should begin to form a ball and scrape the sides of the bowl, not stick to it.
- Let rise until you’re ready to use it…I’ve let it go as long as 2 hours or as short as no rise at all!
- Divide into 8 pieces.
- At this point everything goes crazy at our house! The “Littles” climb up on chairs and insist on making their own pizzas in all different sizes and shapes.
- Flatten dough to desired thickness…it will rise while baking…so even really flat will produce a nice crust.
- Spread with sauce, if desired, and add other toppings to taste.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
© 2012, Real Women Store Grub. All rights reserved. Content may be shared or reposted as long as credit and link to original post are provided.