- 1 1/2 tablespoons bean flour (I use navy beans and grind them in my Nutrimill)*
- 1/3 cup flour — (I used wheat)
- 2 tablespoon dry milk powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon
- 1 13-ounce can chicken, drained
- 6 cups cooked rice
- 20-ounce can pineapple chunks in juice
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup freeze-dried green peas, rehydrated
- 1 cup coconut
- if it’s available, we also like celery, fresh tomatoes and shredded cheese
- Put bean flour, wheat flour, milk powder, onion powder and water in a large saucepan.
- Whisk until smooth over medium high heat, and bring to a boil.
- Boil and stir 1-2 minutes. Add bouillon to taste.
- Add chicken to gravy mixture.
- Serve by stacking rice on a plate and topping with chicken gravy, pineapple chunks, peas, coconut, tomatoes, cheese, nuts and whatever other toppings appeal to you.
*You can also substitute canned navy beans for the bean flour and 1/4 cup water. Toss them in your blender (liquid and all) and use 1/4 cup OR use 4 Tbsp butter.
© 2012, Real Women Store Grub. All rights reserved. Content may be shared or reposted as long as credit and link to original post are provided.