–From Cheryl H.
Cheryl introduced us to this refreshing salad when we were all living in Miami. Cool and sweet, it’s great as a side dish or a dessert! Her original recipe is below. My shelf-stable changes are in parenthesis. I love that I can make something so fresh tasting out of shelf-stable items. –Mellyn
- 1 1/2 cups canned pineapple, drained (20-ounce can)
- 1 1/2 cups canned mandarin oranges, drained (15-ounce can)
- 1 1/2 cups coconut (I use 1 cup)
- 1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows (I use 1 cup)
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream (I use 6-ounces vanilla yogurt made from Robin’s recipe and flavored with a little sugar and vanilla)
- 1/2 chopped pecans, if desired
- maraschino cherries, if desired for a garnish
- Combine marshmallows, sour cream (or yogurt) and coconut.
- Add fruit and stir gently.
- Add nuts and cherries, if desired.
- Chill for several hours.
© 2012, Real Women Store Grub. All rights reserved. Content may be shared or reposted as long as credit and link to original post are provided.