Dump cakes are among the easiest desserts on the planet…and this one is my favorite! –Mellyn
- 1 20-ounce can pineapple, chunks or crushed
- 1 21-ounce can cherry pie filling
- 1 cake mix, white or yellow
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted (could also use oil here)
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds (optional)
- Dump pineapple and cherry pie filling into the bottom of a 9×13″ pan.
- Pour dry cake mix over the top of the fruit.
- Sprinkle brown sugar, butter and almonds over top of cake mix.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- Serve with ice cream if at all possible!
© 2012, Real Women Store Grub. All rights reserved. Content may be shared or reposted as long as credit and link to original post are provided.