Egg rolls are one of my favorite things — especially with sweet and sour sauce! But I hate paying such a high price for it at the grocery store. So we set out to create our own. We love the tangy flavor the pineapple adds to this sauce. Normally we serve it with egg rolls for dipping and spoon it over our rice for a sweet side. It’s also good brushed on chicken. –Mellyn
- 20-ounce can pineapple
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- Reserving liquid, drain pineapple into measuring cup. Add water until liquid reaches 1 cup.
- Pour into saucepan, and add remaining ingredients.
- Whisk until smooth and bring to a boil.
- Serve wherever you usually use sweet and sour — on chicken, rice or as a dipping sauce!
© 2012, Real Women Store Grub. All rights reserved. Content may be shared or reposted as long as credit and link to original post are provided.