This is an old recipe from my mother-in-law. Most of the original measurements were “to taste.” The amounts listed here are what my family likes.
- 2 cups freeze dried ground beef, not reconstituted
- ¼ cup dried onion, not reconstituted
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 9 cups water
- 3 teaspoons beef bouillon paste, or 3 beef bouillon cubes
- 2 8-oz. cans tomato sauce
- 4 cups dried potato dices, not reconstituted
- ¼ cup dried celery, not reconstituted
- ½ cup dried carrot dices, not reconstituted
- ¼ cup quick cooking pearled barley
veggies are tender. Add quick barley. Boil 10 minutes more. Serve.
© 2012, Real Women Store Grub. All rights reserved. Content may be shared or reposted as long as credit and link to original post are provided.