Dessert really can’t get much better than this! Fancy enough for any occasion, this rich cake is perfect anytime of year! –Mellyn
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 3 Tablespoons cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 6 Tablespoons oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon vinegar
- Add flour, sugar, cocoa, salt and soda to a mixing bowl and combine well.
- Turn off the mixer and add oil, water, vanilla and vinegar.
- Mix well, until batter is smooth.
- Pour into 9″ round cake pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Top with strawberry sauce and chocolate ganache (recipes below).
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups strawberries (fresh, frozen or re-hydrated freeze-dried berries will work!)
- Whisk sugar, cornstarch and water together in a saucepan.
- Cook over medium-high heat until mixture is smooth and starting to boil. Boil and stir for about 30 seconds.
- Add strawberries and simmer until fruit is soft –about 3-5 minutes.
- Pour over cooled chocolate cake. Top with ganache (see recipe below).
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 7.6-ounce can table cream
- Microwave chocolate chips for about 30 seconds.
- Heat cream just to boiling and pour it over chocolate chips.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Taste! If this is too bitter, add powdered sugar to taste. Our family didn’t really care for the ganache alone, but we really liked it with the cake and sweet strawberry topping.
- Pour ganache over cake and spread toward edges.
© 2012, Real Women Store Grub. All rights reserved. Content may be shared or reposted as long as credit and link to original post are provided.