- 3 cups pasta, uncooked
- 3/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 tablespoons vinegar
- 4 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup freeze-dried strawberries**
- 1/2 Tablespoon poppy seeds
- 2/3 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 13-ounce can chicken, drained
- rosemary, if desired
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Put oil, water, vinegar, sugar, strawberries and poppyseeds into blender. Blend until smooth.
- When pasta is done, rinse well and leave in cold water for a few minutes to cool. Drain.
- Combine pasta, pecans and drained chicken.
- Toss with poppy seed dressing.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until ready to serve.
- Sprinkle with rosemary before serving, if desired.
**I haven’t tried making this dressing with fresh berries, but if you’re using fresh, I’d recommend using about 1 cup of berries in the dressing. The flavor in the freeze-dried berries is pretty intense. Also, if you’re using fresh, I’d cut some up and add them to the pasta before dressing the salad, too!
© 2012, Real Women Store Grub. All rights reserved. Content may be shared or reposted as long as credit and link to original post are provided.