I love sugar cookies, but I don’t always have the time to make them or the inclination to clean up the kitchen afterwards. These pretty, little cookies solve both problems — they’re fast to make and since they’re scooped, not rolled, they make less mess! –MellynYield: About 2 dozen cookies
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons nonfat dry powdered milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup oil
- 5 Tablespoons water
- Combine all dry ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Add oil and water and mix.
- Drop by the teaspoonful onto a cookie sheet (I use a small cookie scoop for this)
- Flatten with the bottom of a glass, dipped in flour.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 6-8 minutes.
- Cool and frost with Strawberry Buttercream Frosting (below).
The Strawberry Buttercream Frosting:
- 1/3 cup freeze-dried strawberries**
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Re-hydrate berries by covering with warm and letting them stand for about 5 minutes. Drain.
- Whip butter, sugar and vanilla together until smooth.
- Add berries and blend until large chunks of strawberry are broken down.
© 2012, Real Women Store Grub. All rights reserved. Content may be shared or reposted as long as credit and link to original post are provided.