Potato salad is one of my favorites (especially with baked beans!). I had some cooked lentils on hand when I was making this and decided to experiment. The result was great! And lentils are so good for you — they have the 3rd highest protein content of any legume or nut and are also high in iron, folate, fiber and Vitamin B1. In addition, they store well and cook fast compared to other legumes. Go lentils! –Mellyn
- 2 cups diced potatoes (re-hydrated if using dehydrated)
- 1 cup diced sweet potatoes (re-hydrated if using dehydrated)
- 1/2 cup lentils, cooked
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 Tablespoon vinegar
- 1/2 Tablespoon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 Tablespoon onion powder
- Re-hydrate potatoes or cook and cube.
- Boil lentils according to package directions.
- In a medium bowl, combine vinegar, mustard, salt, sugar and onion powder.
- Add in potatoes and lentils and stir to coat.
- Chill for 3-4 hours before serving.
© 2012, Real Women Store Grub. All rights reserved. Content may be shared or reposted as long as credit and link to original post are provided.