This recipe is an adaptation of one I found several years ago on the Betty Crocker website. It’s sort of…well…sweet and spicy at the same time – a nice variation on traditional spaghetti sauce. I served mine over a layer of pasta covered by a layer of fresh spinach. Yum! –Mellyn
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1 pound ground beef (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon onion powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons taco seasoning mix
- 1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 15-ounce can corn
- 1 small can mushrooms
- grated parmesan
- Cook and drain spaghetti according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, brown beef and sprinkle with onion powder.
- Add remaining ingredients (except Parmesan cheese) and heat to boiling.
- Simmer for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over spaghetti and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
© 2012, Real Women Store Grub. All rights reserved. Content may be shared or reposted as long as credit and link to original post are provided.