–From Amy H.
Super yummy and guaranteed to be a hit, this light cake is the perfect balance of sweet and tangy. My family devoured it! Thanks for sharing, Amy! –Mellyn
- 3-ounce package lemon Jell-o
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 box yellow cake mix (or if you have a basic cake recipe you could use it here)
- 3/4 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 eggs (or 1/2 cup egg powder plus 3/4 cup water –whisk together until smooth)
- 2 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3/8 cup lemon juice
- Dissolve lemon Jell-o with water, and let it cool slightly.
- Mix cake mix, eggs, oil and lemon juice.
- Add Jell-O water and mix until incorporated.
- Pour into greased 9×13 pan, and bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Mix together powdered sugar and lemon juice to make glaze.
- Punch holes in hot cake (I used a fork) and pour glaze over.
© 2012, Real Women Store Grub. All rights reserved. Content may be shared or reposted as long as credit and link to original post are provided.