This chili comes together quickly. Especially since I have no need to rehydrate my ground beef or onion before mixing. It cuts down on my prep time and my think ahead time. This is my husbands favorite chili.
- 3 cups Freeze Dried Ground Beef, not reconstituted
- ¾ cups Dehydrated Onion, not reconstituted
- 2 15-oz. cans Whole Kernal Corn, undrained
- 2 15-oz. cans Diced Tomatoes, undrained
- 2 8-oz. cans Tomato Sauce
- 4 Tablespoons Chili Powder
- 1 ⅓ cups Whole Wheat Baking Mix
- ⅔ cup Cornmeal
- ⅔ cup Milk
Mix Whole Wheat Baking Mix and Cornmeal. Stir in Milk and reserved 1/2 cup Corn just until moistened.
Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto simmering chili. Cook uncovered over low heat 10 minutes. Cover and cook 10 minutes longer or until dumplings are dry.
© 2012, Real Women Store Grub. All rights reserved. Content may be shared or reposted as long as credit and link to original post are provided.