With a creamy center and a chocolaty outside, who wouldn’t love these?! Beans replace the butter, so they’re even a tad healthier than the traditional variety! –Mellyn
Yield: about 30
- 2 tablespoons navy bean flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup dry milk powder
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 tablespoon oil
- Whisk bean flour and water together. Heat in microwave for 30 seconds. Repeat 3 times, for a total of 2 minutes. You should now have a thick mixture that resembles what you’d get if you blended a can of undrained navy beans.
- Using a DIFFERENT bowl (this is important or you’ll melt the hydrogenated fats in the peanut butter and end up with grease balls!), combine powdered sugar and dry milk powder. Stir in bean mixture, and then add peanut butter and vanilla.
- Stir until smooth!
- Make mixture into balls, (I used a small cookie scoop) and put on a cookie sheet covered with wax paper.
- Refrigerate until ready to dip. I found that this recipe didn’t require refrigeration for more than 15-20 minutes.
- Combine chocolate and oil. Microwave for 40 seconds. Stir and microwave again. Stir until smooth.
- Dip balls in chocolate or drizzle with chocolate to add variety! You can also “pipe” the chocolate, by spooning it into a ziplock baggie and cutting off the tip.
- Return balls with chocolate to the wax paper-lined tray and refrigerate until the chocolate sets up.
© 2011 – 2012, Real Women Store Grub. All rights reserved. Content may be shared or reposted as long as credit and link to original post are provided.