Who doesn’t love brownies?! This is one of our all-time favorite recipes! I couldn’t resist trying it with beans instead of butter, and the result was surprisingly good! My kids thought they’d died and gone to heaven when I let them eat brownies for breakfast! –Mellyn
- 1/4 cup black bean flour**
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1/2 cup egg powder***
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups soft white wheat flour — ground from 1 cup soft white wheat
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Whisk black bean flour and 1 cup water together. Microwave for about 50 seconds and stir again. Repeat this 3 times. The resulting mixture should be think (similar to what you’d get if you blended a can of beans with liquid)
- Mix beans, sugar and cocoa together.
- Add egg powder to 3/4 cup water. Whisk until smooth. Add to bean mixture.
- Mix until color becomes lighter, then add flour, salt and vanilla.
- Pour into greased 9X13″ pan.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Spread into batter using a spatula.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until the middle is set.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar on top after cooling, if desired.
**You can also replace the black bean flour and 1 cup of water with 1 cup blended black beans (with liquid) or 1 cup butter or use 1/2 cup butter and 1/2 cup prune puree.
***You can also use fresh eggs – substitute the egg powder and 3/4 c water for 4 eggs.
© 2011 – 2012, Real Women Store Grub. All rights reserved. Content may be shared or reposted as long as credit and link to original post are provided.