–From Beth L.
The perfect chocolate chip cookie! I’ve been making these since I was 8-years old, and I’ve never found another chocolate chip cookie recipe that could rival it! Of course I had to try them with beans, and I got good results using half oil and half beans in place of the butter. However, even with the butter flavoring, I still missed the butter flavor. This is one recipe I plan to use my precious butter for…although I could probably live with half butter, half beans. Beth says to make sure you eat them immediately or freeze them right away! –Mellyn
- 1 cup butter OR 1/2 cup oil AND 2 T navy bean flour, 1/2 cup water, and 2 tsp Wilton’s butter flavoring
- 2 large eggs OR 4 tablespoons egg powder and 6 tablespoons water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Combine butter (or use bean substitute*), eggs and sugars, and beat until creamy.
- Add remaining ingredients except chocolate and stir until smooth.
- Mix in chocolate.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
*If using beans and oil instead of butter, whisk navy bean flour and water in a glass bowl or measuring cup and microwave for 30 seconds. Whisk and repeat 3 more times. The resulting mixture is the equivalent of 1/2 cup of navy beans, blended with liquid. You can also use navy beans, blended with liquid. I prefer the flour because I can mix up the exact amount I want! You can read more about using beans in your baking, if you click on the tab labelled “Tips & Tidbits.” Don’t forget to add your butter flavoring if you’re making this with beans!
© 2011 – 2012, Real Women Store Grub. All rights reserved. Content may be shared or reposted as long as credit and link to original post are provided.