Raspberries are my favorite! And after spending the summer picking and preserving them, we really enjoyed this basic fruit pie. Since I forgot to cut slits in it and forgot to bake it over the cookie sheet — it was literally running over with sweet goodness…all over the oven, that is! –Mellyn
Serving Size : 8
- 2 9″ deep dish pie crusts (use your favorite recipe or buy them in the freezer section)
- 2 15-ounce cans raspberries or 1 quart jar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Dump raspberries into medium saucepan, along with sugar and flour. Stir constantly and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer. Cook for about 1 minute, until berry mixture thickens.
- Put mixture into pie crust!
- Cover with top crust. Seal it REALLY well. Cover the edge with foil to prevent excessive browning.
- Sprinkle with sugar to add sparkles! Cut slits in top (don’t forget this or raspberry filling will adorn the interior of your oven…and it smells AWFUL when it burns!)
- Place on a cookie sheet covered with foil (see comment above!) for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
- Serve warm with ice cream…if at all possible!
© 2011, Real Women Store Grub. All rights reserved. Content may be shared or reposted as long as credit and link to original post are provided.