Think pecan pie meets oatmeal cookie!
This decadent pie is an adaptation of a recipe I received from Aunt Melanie. She said Grandmommie’s dear friend served it to her over 55 years ago. We’ve been tempted to try a few chocolate chips in it, too! –Mellyn
Yield: 8 slices
- 1 9″ pie crust (use your favorite recipe or buy one!)
- 2 tablespoons navy bean flour*
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup egg powder**
- 6 Tablespoons water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup quick oats
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk navy bean flour and 1/2 cup water together. Microwave in a large glass measuring cup or bowl for 30 seconds and whisk again. Repeat this 3 times. The resulting mixture should be thick and gelatinous.
- Meanwhile in a mixing bowl, whisk egg powder into 6 Tablespoons of water until powder dissolves and the mixture is creamy. (Your whisk is earning its keep today, by golly!)
- Add sugar, corn syrups, vanilla and bean mixture to the bowl. Mix well and fold in oats, coconut and pecans.
- Pour filling into pie crust. Cover edges of crust with foil to prevent them from burning.
- Bake for 50 minutes-1 hour, removing foil for the last 10 minutes or so of baking. It’s done when a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
© 2011, Real Women Store Grub. All rights reserved. Content may be shared or reposted as long as credit and link to original post are provided.