Adapted from a recipe by Julie L.
- 3/4 cup dehydrated carrots
- 1/4 cup navy bean flour** plus 1 cup water OR 1 cup oil
- 3 cups soft white wheat flour (original calls for white flour)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar (original calls for 2 cups…we didn’t notice a difference)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (omit if you’re using oil instead of beans)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 cup oil (yes, this is correct!)
- 20-ounce can pineapple, undrained
- Cover carrots in cool water and let sit to re-hydrate.
- Whisk bean flour into water until smooth. Microwave on high for 30 seconds and whisk again. Repeat this three times for a total of 2 minutes in the microwave. The resulting mixture should be creamy like the consistency of pureed beans.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon.
- Blend undrained pineapple until smooth.
- Add vanilla, oil, pineapple and bean mixture to dry ingredients, mix until smooth.
- Pour into cake pan(s) (9×13 or 2 9″ rounds) or make into cupcakes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes for cake or 16 minutes for muffins.
- Frost with your favorite cream cheese or buttercream frosting! Glaze works, too. My favorite is below…it’s not very shelf stable!
Mom’s Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Cream together and spread on cake!
© 2012, Real Women Store Grub. All rights reserved. Content may be shared or reposted as long as credit and link to original post are provided.