I had a couple of college roommates who were excellent cooks. One of them made a wonderful thick chicken and noodle gravy that she always served over mashed potatoes. I had that idea in mind when I set to work on this recipe. I love the flavor the bacon and rosemary add –total comfort food! –Mellyn
- 6 cups water
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 4 teaspoons chicken bouillon
- 1 can chicken
- 1/3 cup bacon bits
- 2 Tablespoons dehydrated carrots
- 1 whole bay leaf
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/2 batch homemade egg noodles or 2-3 cups dry pasta
- Combine water and flour and whisk until smooth.
- Add bouillon and stir until melted.
- Add chicken, bacon bits, carrots, bay leaf, onion powder and rosemary.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until carrots are tender.
- Add pre-cooked noodles and simmer for 5-10 minutes more.
© 2012, Real Women Store Grub. All rights reserved. Content may be shared or reposted as long as credit and link to original post are provided.