When I was a new stay-at-home mom, a friend fixed this recipe for lunch. Twelve years later, I still think it’s the best taco soup I’ve ever eaten! The original calls for 1 pound of ground beef. When I make it with meat, I usually double the other ingredients so we have leftovers. –Mellyn
- 1 15-ounce can kidney beans — drained
- 1 15-ounce can corn — not drained
- 1 15-ounce can stewed or diced tomatoes
- 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1-3 Tablespoons taco seasoning mix, depending on how spicy you like it
- Combine all ingredients and heat until boiling.
- If you like a little more juice, add 1/2 cup or so of water.
- Serve with with crumbled corn tortilla chips, cornbread or even wheat bread. Cheese, diced avocados and sour cream make great additions, as well!
© 2012, Real Women Store Grub. All rights reserved. Content may be shared or reposted as long as credit and link to original post are provided.