Summer salads are tasty all year round — especially if you live in the warm South like we do! This one is quick enough to make at a moment’s notice and tastes even better left over. –Mellyn
Yield: 4-6 servings (depending on how hungry you are!)
- 2 cans black beans, drained OR dry black beans that have been rinsed, soaked and cooked according to package directions
- 2 cans corn, drained OR about 3 cups cooked fresh/frozen corn
- 1 can diced tomatoes, drained and rinsed or 1 large tomato, chopped
- 4 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 Tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl until well mixed.
- Serve with chips and sliced avacado, if desired.
© 2012, Real Women Store Grub. All rights reserved. Content may be shared or reposted as long as credit and link to original post are provided.