Adapted from a recipe by Julia L.
Oatmeal is so nutritious and good for you at breakfast time, but some days I just crave cold cereal –that’s when it’s granola to the rescue! Over the last few years, we’ve dramatically cut back on cold cereal, replacing it in large part with…drum roll, please…granola. We have 2 favorite flavors. This first one is similar to what my mom used to make when I was a kid and has a nutty, coconut-y flavor.–Mellyn
Yield: About 10 cups
- 7 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cups wheat germ
- 1 cups coconut
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds — broken up
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 6 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 6 Tablespoons cup oil
- 1/2 cup water
- Mix oats, wheat germ, coconut, almonds and salt together.
- In a separate bowl, mix brown sugar, honey, oil and water together.
- Pour liquid over oat mixture and combine thoroughly.
- Spread evenly over two cookie sheets.
- Bake at 250 degrees for 60 minutes or until dry, stirring every 20 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container.
© 2012, Real Women Store Grub. All rights reserved. Content may be shared or reposted as long as credit and link to original post are provided.