Pancake mix is a life saver on busy mornings…or busy evenings, for that matter! This is my current favorite pancake mix. Keep it in the fridge for quick pancakes whenever you need something fast and delicious! –Mellyn
- 6 cups whole wheat flour (I mix hard and soft white wheats 1/2 and 1/2)
- 3/4 cup wheat germ
- 1 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 6 Tablespoons sugar
- 6 Tablespoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 cup oil
- Combine all ingredients except oil.
- Drizzle oil over dry mixture and then combine well.
- It’s ready when it looks like really small crumbs. (I think it’s easiest to do this in a Bosch-type mixing bowl, using the whisks.)
To use the mix:
- Combine 3 cups of mix and 2 cups of water.
- Let the mix stand while you heat a griddle to 300 degrees.
- Spray griddle with cooking oil and pour by 1/4 cupfuls onto hot griddle.
- Flip over when bubbles appear.
© 2012, Real Women Store Grub. All rights reserved. Content may be shared or reposted as long as credit and link to original post are provided.