This is one of my all-time favorite chicken recipes. When I serve it to company, they never guess my “secret” ingredient — jelly! I especially like it served with rice and broccoli on the side. –Mellyn Yield: 6 servings
- 1/2-1 Tablespoon oil
- 2 13-ounce cans chicken — or about 1 lb fresh, cooked and cubed**
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup salsa
- 3/4 cup jelly — I’ve used peach and apple and crab apple with great success!
- Heat oil in a skillet.
- Drain chicken and add to skillet.
- Sprinkle chicken with taco seasoning mix and brown lightly.
- Combine salsa and jelly; stir into skillet.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve over rice.
**If you’re using fresh, you may need to add more taco seasoning. Canned chicken is more salty. I also cut back the jelly a bit when using fresh chicken.
© 2012, Real Women Store Grub. All rights reserved. Content may be shared or reposted as long as credit and link to original post are provided.