I’m a HUGE fan of cold cereal, but over the last couple of years I’ve been working on reducing the junk in our diet. I’ve been playing around with granola for awhile now –trying to find a recipe that fills the void I feel when we have no cold cereal in the house. This one is my current favorite…subject to change next week when I make a new batch! –Mellyn
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 7 cups oatmeal
- 2 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1/4 cup flax seed
- 1/2-1 cup chopped pecans, if desired (or whatever nuts you love!)
- Combine honey and oil in a large glass container. Microwave for 2 minutes.
- Whisk in vanilla and salt.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- Coat cereal mixture with the honey mixture and stir until cereal is coated.
- At this point you can either eat as is and store it in the refrigerator, or you can divide it onto 2 cookie sheets and bake it at 300 degrees for about 30 minutes (no preheating necessary!)
© 2013 – 2012, Real Women Store Grub. All rights reserved. Content may be shared or reposted as long as credit and link to original post are provided.