We ate some homemade Oreos at a family gathering that were so good! I wanted to make my own, but since most recipes call for a chocolate cake mix, I set out to make one from scratch. This is the result of all of our efforts! We think they’re well worth the effort! –Mellyn
Yield: About 2 dozen filled cookies
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 6 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup oil plus 2 Tablespoons oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 eggs or 1/4 cup egg powder plus 6 Tablespoons water (whisk together until smooth)
- Combine all dry ingredients and blend until well combined.
- Add oil, water and egg. Mix.
- Drop by the teaspoonful onto a cookie sheet. (I use a small cookie scoop for this)
- Flatten with the bottom of a glass, dipped in flour.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 6-8 minutes.
- Cool and fill with “oreo” filling, below.
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoon water
- Mix shortening and powdered sugar together in a mixer.
- Add water, and whip until light and fluffy.
- Put frosting between two cookies like a sandwich.
© 2013 – 2012, Real Women Store Grub. All rights reserved. Content may be shared or reposted as long as credit and link to original post are provided.