–From Robin T.
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 13-ounce cans chicken or 2 boneless skinless chicken breast, halved
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (omit if using canned chicken)
- 1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 2 1/2-ounce can olives, sliced (I leave this out since my family doesn’t care for olives)
- 3 small zucchini, sliced, or 5 cups of freeze-dried zucchini, rehydrated
- 1 small bell pepper, red, yellow, or orange (I used about 1/2 cup of green bell pepper)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel or 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Heat oil in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt (skip this step if using canned chicken…it has plenty of salt!). Cook chicken in oil about 5 minutes, turning once, until brown.
- Mix remaining ingredients; pour over chicken in skillet.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until juice of
- chicken is no longer pink in center. (This takes less time if using canned chicken and freeze-dried zucchini…more like 10 minutes).
- Serve with mashed potatoes if you like!
© 2012, Real Women Store Grub. All rights reserved. Content may be shared or reposted as long as credit and link to original post are provided.