Dehydrated potatoes, carrots, onions and celery are so inexpensive, making this recipe easy on your budget and your time (everything is already peeled and diced for you!) This chowder was adapted from a recipe my sister claims to be one of her favorites. I am hoping my version will be a contender.
- 2 cups Boiling water
- ½ cup Dehydrated Potato Dices*
- 2 Tablespoons Dehydrated Carrot Dices*
- 2 Tablespoons Dehydrated Celery*
- 1 Tablespoon Dehydrated Onion*
- 1 ½ teaspoons Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Pepper
- ¼ cup Butter
- ¼ cup Flour
- 2 cups Milk**
- ½ cup Powdered Cheese Sauce***
- 1 cup Warm Water***
1. In a large pot bring water to boil. Add celery, potatoes, carrots, onion, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer 10 min. Do not drain.
2. Meanwhile mix warm water and powdered cheese sauce together in a small bowl. Whisk throughly. Set aside.
3. Make a white sauce with margarine, flour and milk. Add cheese sauce to white sauce stirring until blended. Add to vegetables. Heat – DO NOT BOIL.
© 2012, Real Women Store Grub. All rights reserved. Content may be shared or reposted as long as credit and link to original post are provided.