Oh my! That’s the first thing I can think of to say about this dessert. You really have to taste it to believe it. It’s rich, tangy, delightfully sweet and refreshing — all at the same time! –Mellyn Yield: 1 9×13″ pan (12-15 servings)
- 3 cups oatmeal, ground into flour in the blender
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter (you could probably substitute oil here, but you’d miss out on the rich buttery flavor)
- 3 cans sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups lemon juice
- 1-2 cups blueberries — fresh, frozen, canned and drained, or rehydrated freeze-dried berries. Even pie filling would be delicious, although it might be too sweet.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine oatmeal, sugar and softened butter. Press into a 9×13″ pan.
- Bake for 15-25 minutes or until crust looks slightly golden. Remove from oven a let cool completely.
- Stir sweetened condensed milk and lemon juice together. Pour over cooled crust.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Several hours is best.
- Top with blueberries and serve!
© 2012, Real Women Store Grub. All rights reserved. Content may be shared or reposted as long as credit and link to original post are provided.