From Julie L.
These are some of my all-time favorite muffins! I like to double or even triple the batter. It’ll keep for several days in the refrigerator in an airtight container. Don’t stir it after storing –just pour and use. We like them for breakfast with butter and jam or as a side with corn chowder for dinner. The kids also eat them for snacks. Good eats! –Mellyn Yield: About 2 dozen large muffins
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup wheat bran (or oat bran or just double the wheat germ!)
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 4 Tablespoons egg powder**
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 Tablespoon salt
- 6 Tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 cups water plus another 6 Tablespoons if you’re using powdered eggs**
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- Blend raisins and hot water in blender until smooth. Add wheat bran and wheat germ, stirring until combined and let sit.
- Next, combine sugar, flour, egg powder, soda, salt, nonfat dry milk powder and oats.
- Add oil, water and lemon juice. Then add raisin mixture.
- Stir well and bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
© 2012, Real Women Store Grub. All rights reserved. Content may be shared or reposted as long as credit and link to original post are provided.