–From Cheryl O.
My friend’s mother, Cheryl, was a fantastic cook! This recipe is my food storage version of her original! To make her original, select a beef roast and marinate it in Italian dressing for 24-48 hours. Drain the roast and put it in a crockpot or deep baking dish. Combine 5-6 cups of water with 2 packages of Lipton Onion Soup Mix and pour it over the roast. Cook until the meat is tender. We prefer ours falling apart, but it tastes delicious sliced, too! We usually serve ours on buns. –Mellyn
When I was experimenting with this recipe, the onion powder and bouillon worked great…I tried it today, and it seems too salty. My recommendation is stick with the 2 packages of Lipton Onion Soup Mix the original uses!
- 2 cans beef chunks — undrained
- 5 1/2 cups water
- 4 tablespoons onion powder**
- 10 teaspoons beef bouillon**
- 2 tablespoons Italian dressing
- We love to eat these on homemade buns! You’ll need to start the dough for these a couple of hours before dinner.
- After you get the dough mixed and rising, throw the filling ingredients into the crockpot.
- Combine water, onion, bouillon and Italian dressing in crockpot.
- Put beef chunks into the crockpot.
- Turn to low and cook for 2 hours or until the buns are ready!
- Serve meat mixture on buns. Ladle juice into bowls to be used for dipping!
© 2012, Real Women Store Grub. All rights reserved. Content may be shared or reposted as long as credit and link to original post are provided.