Peanut Butter — crunchy or creamy –it’s one of my favorite things! Whether we’re eating it by the spoonful, slathering it on our sandwiches or enjoying it in a main dish or dessert, we just can’t seem to get enough. This week I’ll share a smattering of our favorite standbys, in addition to some new recipes we came up with especially for peanut butter week!
Ooey gooey chocolately…that’s how I’d describe this bar cookie! It’s kind of a cross between a granola bar and a no-bake cookie. –Mellyn
Yield: 24 bars
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons navy bean flour**
- 3/4 cup peanut butter — (we like chunky!)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Whisk beans and water together. Microwave in a large glass bowl for 30 seconds. Whisk again. Repeat 3 more times, for a total of about 2 minutes.
- Stir peanut butter into bean mixture.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir.
- Spread mixture in a well-greased jelly-roll pan (15″x10″)
- Cook for 10-12 minutes or until the edges look golden brown.
**You can also replace the bean flour and water with blended navy beans OR butter OR margarine. Personally, I like the taste and texture best with butter! Go figure…
© 2012, Real Women Store Grub. All rights reserved. Content may be shared or reposted as long as credit and link to original post are provided.