These waffles are sweet and corny? No, not corny like a bad joke, but corny from the cornmeal. It adds a flavor that I just don’t know how else to describe. What I do know is this: My 1 year old can’t get enough of them.
- 1 ½ cups Whole Wheat Baking Mix
- ¾ cup Cornmeal, ground from about 1/2 cup popcorn
- 1 12 oz. can Evaporated Milk
- 2 Tablespoons Canola Oil
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons Whole Egg Powder*
batter onto hot waffle iron. Close lid of waffle iron.
Bake 4 to 5 minutes or until steaming stops. Carefully remove waffle.
Repeat with remaining batter. Serve waffles with syrup, jam or honey.
© 2012, Real Women Store Grub. All rights reserved. Content may be shared or reposted as long as credit and link to original post are provided.