To add some variety to my storage, I like to have some meals that are served “cold.” This original creation whips up in minutes and has a delightful, fresh taste that’s a contrast to the usual hot meals we associate with food storage. The curry adds a nice flavor, and I love the sweet from the mandarins and craisins. –Mellyn
- 2 13-ounce cans chicken
- 1 tablespoon flax seed
- 1 15-ounce can mandarin oranges — drained and coursely chopped
- 2 tablespoons craisins (dried cranberries) — finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Dump chicken into a medium-sized bowl, add flax seed, oranges and craisins.
- In a small bowl, combine curry and mayonnaise. Add to chicken mixture.
- Serve on Montana Wheat Bread!
© 2012, Real Women Store Grub. All rights reserved. Content may be shared or reposted as long as credit and link to original post are provided.