–From Julie L.
This is a fail- proof recipe that promises to delight with every bite! It’s soft, fluffy and melts in your mouth like only white bread can.Smothered in butter we could devour a loaf in just minutes! I use it for pizza crust and awesome sandwich rings –just make a long dough “snake” and wrap it around the edges of your pizza pan. The leftovers nearly always end up as French toast!
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 1/2 cups water — very warm
- 2 cups flour
- 3 Tablespoons yeast
- 6 cups flour
- Combine sugar, salt, oil, water, flour and yeast in order.
- Slowly begin adding the remaining 6 cups of flour, you may need less.
- Dough should begin to form a ball and scrape the sides of the bowl, not stick to it.
- Let rise until double. (I’ve varied this from 20 minutes, to the recommended 1 hour with good results!)
- Form into 2 big loaves. Flatten dough into a rectangle, roll it up and lay it on the pan, seam side down. Cut slits in the top every 2-3 inches.
- Place loaves on a big cookie sheet.
- Cover and let rise for 20-30 minutes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes.
- Rub top with butter, if desired.
© 2011 – 2012, Real Women Store Grub. All rights reserved. Content may be shared or reposted as long as credit and link to original post are provided.