From Sharon C.
Sharon makes these delicious granola bars with applesauce instead of oil — making them a healthy and delicious snack. She says she may try adding some peanut butter in the future, as well! The options are endless! –Mellyn
- 4 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup flour (I used wheat flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup rice krispies
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 cup honey
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups minced dried apricot, raisins, craisins (Sharon breaks her fruit down in a food processor to get a chewy bar, rather than a chunky one)
- mini chocolate chips (if you’re using chocolate, I’d suggest starting with just 1 cup)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Lightly grease 9×13 pan.
- Mix all ingredients.Sharon says she uses the food processor to make a chewier granola bar.
- Press into pan and bake for 18 to 22 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool at least 10 minutes before cutting. Cool completely before removing from pan.
© 2012, Real Women Store Grub. All rights reserved. Content may be shared or reposted as long as credit and link to original post are provided.