Out of apples one afternoon, we discovered that applesauce makes a yummy substitute. It’s somewhere between traditional apple crisp and an apple ice cream topping. –Mellyn
- 2 cups cinnamon applesauce
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Pour applesauce in a 9×9 pan.
- Combine brown sugar, oats, butter and cinnamon, and sprinkle over the applesauce.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until crisp is golden.
- Serve warm — preferably with ice cream
© 2012, Real Women Store Grub. All rights reserved. Content may be shared or reposted as long as credit and link to original post are provided.