Grandma was a wonderful cook, and this basic dessert recipe is easy to adapt to whatever is in season! We use the same basic “formula” for rhubarb crunch and raspberry-apple crunch. Just increase the sugar if you’re using a sour fruit.–Mellyn
- 3 cups blueberries
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg, well beaten (or 2 Tablespoons egg powder plus 3 Tablespoons water)
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1/4 cup melted butter or oil
- Mix blueberries, flour and 1/2 cup sugar and butter in a bowl.
- Put in greased 9×13 pan.
- Mix remaining ingredients and dump on top of blueberry mixture.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until the crunch starts to look golden.
- Serve with ice cream whenever possible!
© 2012, Real Women Store Grub. All rights reserved. Content may be shared or reposted as long as credit and link to original post are provided.