I have a love-hate relationship with granola bars. I love to eat them, but hate to pay money for something that’s full of corn syrup and other additives. I’ve tried several different recipes over the years, but they were all too much work — until now. This recipe is quick to make, the bars stay together reasonably well, and there’s no corn syrup involved! –Mellyn
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 cups crispy rice cereal
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats or use rolled oats and pulse them in the blender a few times
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (we like crunchy)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, chopped or mini-chocolate chips
- Combine honey and brown sugar in a large, glass bowl and microwave for 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine cereal, oats and wheat germ in a large bowl.
- Add peanut butter and vanilla to the honey-sugar mixture and stir until smooth.
- Pour over cereal mixture and stir until cereal is coated.
- Let mixture cool for a few minutes and stir in chocolate.
- Press into a 9×13 pan and let cool.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!
© 2012, Real Women Store Grub. All rights reserved. Content may be shared or reposted as long as credit and link to original post are provided.