This hearty breakfast casserole gave me hope that powdered eggs are good for more than just baking. The kids devoured it, and after our previous powdered egg experience (see Don’t SCRAMBLE the eggs!), we all breathed a sigh of relief! –Mellyn
- 2 cup hot water ( I microwaved it for 3 minutes)
- 2 cup dehydrated potatoes
- 3/4 cup egg powder**
- 1 cup water**
- 1 teaspoon nonfat dry powdered milk
- 1 Tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2/3 cup real bacon bits
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Pour hot water over dehydrated potatoes and let stand for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk egg powder into remaining cup of water until all the lumps are dissolved.
- Add nonfat dry powdered milk, onion powder and salsa and stir until smooth, as well.
- Then add bacon bits.
- Drain the potatoes and add them to the mixture.
- Pour the whole thing into a greased 9×13 pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until it looks firm and the top is beginning to brown.**If desired, you can replace the egg powder and 1 cup of water with 6 fresh eggs.
© 2012, Real Women Store Grub. All rights reserved. Content may be shared or reposted as long as credit and link to original post are provided.