From Julie L.
- 4 cups flour
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon soda
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 1 Tablespoon vinegar
- ¼ cup butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- ¾ cup raisins
- Mix the dry ingredients together.
- Cut the shortening into the dry mixture.
- Mix the vinegar and milk.
- Pour the milk and vinegar mixture into the dry mixture.
- Using a fork, mix until it is all the same consistency.
- Let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Lightly flour the surface where you are going to roll out the dough.
- Grease a jelly roll pan.
- Heat your oven to 375 degrees.
- On the floured surface, roll the dough into a rectangle about 11 X 14 inches.
- On the rectangle, spread butter and sugar. Dust with cinnamon and sprinkle with raisins. The ingredients in this part of the recipe are very forgiving. You can increase or decrease according to your preferences. For instance, Mellyn doesn’t like raisins so I make some of them without raisins for her.
- Starting with the long edge of the rectangle, roll it into a log shape.
- With a thin bladed knife, cut into about 1 inch rounds and place them on the greased jelly roll pan.
- Cook 12-15 minutes.
- Drizzle hot biscuits with glaze recipe below and serve warm!
- 2 c powdered sugar
- ¼ c water
- ½ tsp vanilla
- Dash of salt
- Mix all ingredients together.
© 2012, Real Women Store Grub. All rights reserved. Content may be shared or reposted as long as credit and link to original post are provided.