This recipe came together after I saw a picture of a white navy bean soup with corn in it. Creamy and delicious, this hearty soup makes a super satisfying lunch or dinner. Try it with real bacon bits sprinkled on top, too! –Mellyn
- 3 tablespoons white bean flour*
- 1/4 cup flour — (optional, add it if you’d like a thicker soup)
- 2 tablespoons dry milk powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 15-ounce cans white beans, drained and rinsed — or 1 cup of dry beans cooked to yield about 3 cups beans
- 1 15-ounce can corn, undrained
- 1 4-ounce can diced green chiles
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 7.6-ounce can table cream
- Whisk bean flour, flour, dry milk powder, garlic, onion, salt and pepper into water until smooth.
- Bring to a boil. Boil and stir for 1-2 minutes.
- Add cumin, white beans, corn and diced green chiles and heat until near boiling.
- Stir in parmesan cheese and table cream. Heat until dissolved and warm, but DON’T boil it or the cream will curdle!
© 2011 – 2012, Real Women Store Grub. All rights reserved. Content may be shared or reposted as long as credit and link to original post are provided.