After tasting a friend’s delicious blackened chicken pasta dish made with fresh ingredients, I had to find a way to make something similar with shelf stable ingredients! This is one of my all-time favorite food-storage recipes and definitely one of our family’s 19. –Mellyn
Yield: 10-12 servings
- 12 ounces pasta (we like bowties)*
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 or 2 13-ounce can(s) chicken
- 4 teaspoons blackening seasoning, divided**
- 1 4-ounce can mushrooms, drained
- 1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 7.6-ounce can table cream
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Toss chicken with 2 tsp blackening seasoning. Heat oil over high heat in a large skillet. Add chicken and sauté until it starts to brown a bit.
- Add mushrooms and tomatoes to chicken.
- Whisk garlic powder, salt and blackening seasoning into table cream. Add to chicken mixture.
- Heat until warm, but don’t boil or the cream will curdle.
- Drain pasta and add to skillet.
- At this point, you can bake pasta for about 20 minutes at 350 degrees and melt a little cheese over the top or just eat it from the skillet.
© 2011 – 2012, Real Women Store Grub. All rights reserved. Content may be shared or reposted as long as credit and link to original post are provided.