Created especially for tomato week, this salad is so tangy, it makes my mouth water just to think about it! I love the different flavors and textures. It goes together quickly, so it makes the perfect quick lunch or side dish. For a fresh option, tear up a handful of spinach leaves and mix them in before serving. Feta crumbled on top is yummy, too! –Mellyn
- 4 cups pasta of your choice, cooked according to package directions (this is about 8 ounces) — I usually choose something twirly so it soaks up the dressing!
- 1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 2/3 cup balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- 1 13-ounce can chicken, drained
- 1/2 cup roasted sunflower seeds
- Cook pasta, if you don’t have it left over already!
- Drain and rinse diced tomatoes. I dump mine into a strainer and then rinse them in cold water. (You can reserve the juice you drain to add to soup or spaghetti sauce later!) We’re trying to make them as close to fresh as possible!
- Combine cooked pasta, tomatoes, dressing, chicken and sunflower seeds.
- Enjoy! We like this chilled or not. It’s also good sprinkled with parmesan.
© 2011, Real Women Store Grub. All rights reserved. Content may be shared or reposted as long as credit and link to original post are provided.