From Grace F.
A budding cook at the age of 10, Grace makes the best rice pudding I’ve ever tasted! She generously agreed to share her recipe. Thanks, Grace! We love this. –Mellyn
Yield: 5-6 servings
- 1 1/2 cups COOKED rice (Grace prefers Botan Japanese rice — although other white or brown varieties will also work)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten (or 2 Tablespoons egg powder and 3 Tablespoons water, mix until smooth)
- 2/3 cup golden raisins (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine rice, 1/2 cup of milk (reserve the other half), evaporated milk, sugar and salt.
- Cook over medium heat until thick and creamy. (This takes 15-20 minutes of patient stirring. Mine had to boil for awhile.)
- Stir in remaining 1/2 cup milk, beaten egg and raisins, if desired. (I combined the milk and egg and then added the hot rice mixture slowly to the cool egg mixture in order to avoid having bits of egg in my pudding!)
- Cook 2 minutes more, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter and vanilla.
- Serve warm.
© 2013 – 2012, Real Women Store Grub. All rights reserved. Content may be shared or reposted as long as credit and link to original post are provided.