Yield: 2 loaves
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 1/2 cups water — very warm
- 1/2 cup vital wheat gluten
- 2 cups rolled oats — ground into flour (I do mine in the blender)
- 3 Tablespoons yeast
- 4 cups wheat flour — ground from about 3 cups hard white wheat
- 2 cups flour
- Combine honey, salt, oil and water in bread mixer (you can also do this by hand!)
- Add oat flour and yeast. Mix well.
- While mixer is running, add wheat flour.
- Add 1 cup of white flour and check consistency of dough. You want it to gather in a ball and begin to scrape the sides of the bowl . If the dough is still sticking to the bottom or sides of the bowl, add more flour a little at a time. If you go a little overboard with the flour and your dough looks crumbly and floury, try adding a tablespoon or two more of water.
- Let mix for about 5 minutes.
- Let dough rise for a minimum of 20 minutes or as long as an hour.
- Divide into 2 pieces and form into loaves by flattening dough into a rectangle and then rolling it up jellyroll style.
- Cover and let rise for 20 minutes or so.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
© 2013 – 2012, Real Women Store Grub. All rights reserved. Content may be shared or reposted as long as credit and link to original post are provided.